During this extended period of shutdown due to Covid-19, all theatres are in a perilous position.
The grants we have received are welcome but are a small percentage of the costs we face for the complicated business of re-opening, when it is safe to do so.
With no revenue income for an indeterminate period, and with government help reducing over the coming months, we are turning to you for help.
Not only do we face the lost revenue from cancelled and rescheduled shows, screenings, group hires, bar and restaurant, we have to consider the costs involved with re-opening and staffing the theatre in a safe environment for future events.
With a potential future reduction in customer numbers, we need to ensure that we utilise the building in as viable a way we can to steer us through the next two years in order to keep our community hub in good form and continuing to supports artistes both near and far.
We don’t only support the Performing and Screened Arts, we also host the space for over 20 local organisations and groups, run affordable drama groups for children and adults with learning difficulties along with a bar, a pop-up restaurant, gallery and a Costume Hire Service.
FROM £5.00 - £1,000, YOUR DONATIONS COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Your donation will help us for re-opening by :
- Installing sanitising products and equipment for the Quay building and the Jetty Studio space.
- Erecting extended dressing rooms for acts in line with social distancing guidelines.
- Employing extra regular cleaning throughout the building.
- Helping us to programme and promote the first season for when we reopen.
- To meet all other essential administrative costs involved with all aspects of running the theatre.
- Producing and filming online content for the community and beyond whilst we are closed, to keep as many people as possible engaged with live performance and potentially bring new audiences in.
- Helping us secure contracts with professional touring performers who desperately need to get back to work.
These are just some of the costs involved with progressing through to re-opening, as well as our usual ongoing costs of staffing, maintaining our historic building and providing energy, insurance, licences and so on!
WE FULLY INTEND TO OPEN AS SOON AS WE CAN – PLEASE HELP US (IF YOU CAN) SO WE CAN KEEP THIS VITAL HUB IN THE HEART OF OUR COMMUNITY GOING FOR ANOTHER 40 YEARS!